A Different Approach
Learn About Integrative Therapy in the Greater Milwaukee Area
What is Integrative Healthcare?
Integrative Healthcare is an approach to care that seeks to integrate the best of Western scientific medicine with a broader understanding of the nature of illness, healing and wellness.
A practical strategy, integrative eye health puts the patient at the center of the care and addresses the full range of factors that influence and affect inflammatory dry eye. Treating eye health is enhanced when systemic factors are addressed. This process enhances the ability of individual’s ocular outcomes both in the long term and the short term.
The defining principles of integrative medicine are:
- The patient and practitioner are partners in the healing process.
- All factors that influence conditions, wellness and disease are taken into consideration.
- The patient’s underlying conditions are considered as treatments are developed. This is done in partnership with other specialists, especially rheumatologists and PCPs for patients undergoing treatment for Rheumatoid, Sjogren’s, Lupus, Multiple Sclerosis and other auto immune conditions.
- Effective interventions that are natural and less invasive are used whenever possible.
- Because good medicine is based in good science, integrative medicine is inquiry-driven and open to new models of care. Doctors at Dry Eye WI are at the top of the specialty with the latest methods, treatments, and options available.
- All care is individualized to best address the person’s unique conditions, needs and circumstances.
- Practitioners of integrative medicine exemplify its principles and commit themselves to self-exploration and self-development.